Monday, February 20, 2012

                                                              PROGRESS:                           


      I must admit, today was surprisingly mellow in terms of mental distress and maternal struggles with the Procreator. I consider that an unusual sliver of progress. And any progress is good progress, right? No fatal verbal blows exchanged, no stinging bitterness of tone, no endless back and forth power struggles. True, I can attribute this to the fact that she was cooped up in her room with a box of Entenmann's donuts and I was in various other rooms throughout the day, but still, as trivial as this may seem to read, it was hallmark in actuality. I'd like to take a second to state that just for once, I wish things between Procreator and I were actually on good things for once, seeing how I would be willing to commit some effort into making that happen, but sadly, I know of her tendencies, and she'll never relent from a position of power. What a shame that a person is so hellbent on never ceasing control that she must cling to tyranny at all stages of life.
    In Procreator-unrelated news, I also hope to make some musical progress this week, as I am an amateur bassist who has consistently rescheduled lessons with his instructor due to financial woes and weather inconveniences. Tomorrow just might be my day. I know it'll take years to master the bass, but I'm still excited to nail the essentials. Furthermore, we are progressing to a time where good television is slowly on its way. I'm looking forward to the new season of the time-bending, British epic that I have recently become a major fan of, Doctor Who. Having BBC America added to my channel lineup was revolutionary. Their shows are all so well-written, action-packed, suspenseful, and dripping with that hilarious British humor. (Sidnote: Brits have legitimately the best word bank of insults; from "wanker," to "slag," to "Dick Dastardly.") Matt Smith, the brilliant actor who portrays the eleventh iteration of The Doctor, is captivating in every sense of the word. I can not wait to see what he, Amy, and Rory get themselves into this season. And aside from Doctor Who, I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to the next iteration of the Avatar series. Avatar: The Legend of Korra was rumored to have a premiere date of November 2012, but just recently, there have been rumors that the show is slated to premiere sometime Mid-Summer! For those of you unfamiliar with the Avatar series, I strongly urge you to watch the original saga, Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's just flawless. Until then, I will just mentally compose fanfictions for both of those series. Of course I say "mentally compose" because The Good Lord knows that I was only productive enough to write a daily blog piece. That'd just be asking for TOO MUCH progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment