Tuesday, February 21, 2012

                                                                   BLESSINGS:                                   


     Blessings. Some people count them. Other people fail to notice the ones they have. In any event, I'm in an unusually thankful mood today, and I will try to shy away from my usual negative slants. In fact, I will slap myself every time that I write something negative in this post. That said, I FINALLY saved up enough coin to actually visit Luis, my bass instructor, who lives about two hours away. We had a three hour jam session, and it was pure brilliance. I know how to play a couple of songs off the Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack, which makes me happier than two clams who successfully figured out how to kiss. Not only did I get a killer private lesson from him, but he was kind enough to give me the "All-Star Treatment" by voluntarily giving me a free amp, chord, and emulated headphone jack...ALL FOR FREE! It rarely occurs to me how blessed I am to have people in my life who confide so much in me, and see my potential and choose to reward me for it. I'm also blessed to have an instructor who is so fervently passionate about his students unlocking their full potentials. He apparently thinks I have a lot, as I picked up quite a few things in very little time, which is surprising, seeing how I literally have NO previous formal training. It reassures me to know that a vast majority of people find me to be someone of worth, which is a blessing, considering I was raised being told that I was nothing more than a worthless, unamountable-to-anything accid- *slap* I digress. As you can see, I am still trying to cope.
   But simple little instances like today are just small examples of blessings I've had in my life. Not too long ago, a major occurred back in the good ol' City of Bears and Bricks. I have been blessed to have associated myself with ALL THE RIGHT PEOPLE, especially those loving individuals (you know who you are) who "bear" through (see what I did there?) my ceaseless onslaught of daily insanity and accept me as not only a person, but a member of their collective family. Heck, Id go as far as to say that one family in particular has practically adopted me. The family of my best female friend has been more accepting and loving towards me than that of my own rancid, good-for nothing, Procreator, who legitimately caused all of - *slap* Basically, they saved my posterior from cutting my career path short. They made an investment in me. They took a chance and gambled that I was worth it. That they could spare their own living expenses to know that I was working towards a better future. I'll never be able to pay them back  -fiscally, yes -but I am forever indebted to owe them my gratitude for their overly human gesture. It's people like that who reassure me that my faith in mankind is not all in vain. And the only way to morally repay my debt is to offer the same generosity in the future when I have acquired a sustainable amount of wealth and find a glimmer of hope in that one special child that I know has all the potential to make it in the world, but has a life where obstacles are constantly thrown in his face. I know what it's like. To that end, I will say that I have justly repaid my debt. It just boils my blood that the good ones who try their hardest in life to stay positive have to be constantly thwarted by the ne'er-do-wells, the hypocrites, the unruly few, the -*slap* I suppose I deserved that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment