Sunday, February 26, 2012

                                                                 SHOWERS:                                      


      My saga of unusual daily topics continues! I admittedly was grasping at straws to find a decent, worthy topic to rant about tonight, given the circumstances that I've done literally NOTHING of consequence today. You know it's an off-day if someone as mentally verbose as I am is at a shortage of words. I fear my current setting is turning me into a shameless hermit who fears ultraviolet rays. I won't let it come to this. I CRAVE the City of Bears and Bricks. My mental calendar is ever-so-patiently X-ing off each passing day. In any event, while in pacing back and forth in shower (yes, I am aware that I am an unusual child, shush) I tried my best to come up with a feasible topic to discuss. I immediately drew blanks. But, then WHAM! It hit me, I was STANDING in my topic. Showers are legitimately the best remedy for anything non-terminal. I mean that, wholeheartedly. There hasn't been a single ailment that hasn't been lessened or completely cured by taking a nice, hot shower.
     First and foremost, I enjoy that showers are more sanitary than baths. You don't sit in your very own cesspool of germs that have no escape until you drain the tub. Not to mention, there's just something strangely therapeutic about scalding hot water. The way it just conforms to the contours of your body when you put the showerhead directly over your head for what I call "The Waterfall Effect." It somehow eases your mind in such a fashion that your brain can't even remember that your body is in pain. I should know. On the darkest day of my existence (can't get too much into it), my body writhed in pain for every second I tried to move a muscle. To this day, I have never experienced such agonizing pain. With all the remaining stamina I could muster, I forced myself into the shower, and I let then hot water run over my body for half an hour. And oddly enough, for those 30 minutes, I forgot about my miserable pain, and I let my mind drift to more enjoyable thoughts. I owe a lot to showers, honestly. You keep me sane, you keep me cleanly, and you delay the pain (unintentional rhyme scheme). If there were some way I could possibly repay you, showers, let me know. I am forever indebted.

No comments:

Post a Comment