Thursday, July 5, 2012

                                                                   PLANS:          


Plans. We all have them. Why, even on this day of our nation's independence a fond 236 years ago, our forefathers surely had some plan of attack to overthrow their oppressors successfully. Why then, is it the case that I seemingly have no active blueprint, no premeditated, currently-scribed path of which to follow at this point? My summer has gone nothing like I had originally planned; everyone has been up to their agenda, I'm gig-deprived, and currently STILL unemployed. I didn't have any plans today, a day of merriment and pride in our country. In fact, I stayed inside and watched Star Wars on Spike all day long. (The tagline was "May the Fourth be with you," I couldn't resist.) It's high tide July and I'm not nearly anywhere I thought I'd be at this point. And I take full responsibility for the fact that the blame is all my own. I half-expected the summer to unfold easily, and for opportunities to just fall in my lap, but that's not the way the real world works. And the magnitude of that reality is hitting me full force.

In the meantime, while my nighttime perception is in overdrive, I might as well virtually write a tentative checklist of things to complete this summer and the following quarter:

-Instantiate an exercise regimen
-Seek and OBTAIN employment
-Practice my bass-playing
-Go to Otakon (awesome nerd convention in Maryland that really banks on me having a job by then)
-Undergo preliminary coding training, since I've missed out on so much in my absence, and I'm a complete scrub
-Make it to Shark Field Day in Camden, New Jersey with Emilia and the ladies
-Man up and take the necessary steps to ensure future romantic encounters go as planned/fantasized

There. I'm feeling better about my lack of plans already. Now to put these into action. I'll be needing some sleep to do so, however. PROCRASTINATORS UNITE...TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment