Thursday, March 1, 2012

                                                      INTERACTIONS:                      

    Interactions occur between humans on a daily basis. Some are pleasant, some are disappointing, and some are just downright sad. No matter the case, we as a species crave social interaction for the mere fact that we enjoy a sense of companionship and confidence. This is, of course, stems from the assumption that you do indeed have people to associate yourself with (I've met a few hermits in my days). Simple interactions could include a quaint conversation with a decent stranger, rowdy afternoons and/or nights with your best buddies, or that inherently awkward eye contact that you make when you pass your ex. Like I said before, interactions ARE varied. It's rather important that one finds social interaction on a daily basis, lest one is to regress into a being of pure solitude, who actually finds a sick sense of contention by being perfectly alone.
      I can't say I identify with this lone wolf figure, but in all honesty, I've been slowly coming down with Hermit Syndrome. In the past week alone, the person I've interacted with most (dare I say it) would be my own Procreator, albeit at no fault of my own, as she enjoys any and all opportunities to inject a healthy dose of herself into each and every day. Other than that, I can honestly say I only remember interacting with cashiers at respective stores and restaurants that I've gone to please this darn woman with "sustenance" (and by that, I mean junk food). This worries me. Even now, as I type these very words in this dimly lit, ungodly, unforsaken room, I feel the symptoms of the Hermit Syndrome setting in. I must curtail and nip this problem in the bud as soon as humanly possible. The last thing I want to look like is a broken soul who no longer needs and/or believes in shaving, and whose best friend is his dimly lit bulb. I refuse to become that. Luckily, tomorrow seems to be JUST the fix I needed. I'm rounding up the boys and heading to the city for a day of aimless exploration, which is precisely what the doctor ordered. I just pray that I won't have to postpone this occasion like previous get-togethers. I NEED THIS. I can't revert. I can't become a man who fears sunlight. I can't become Edward Cullen.

No comments:

Post a Comment